Here are your weekly announcements – happy reading! We draw your attention to a couple of highlights:
- This Sunday marks the beginning of Holy Week. There are many opportunities for worship: Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday (with a special musical presentation), Good Friday and Easter Sunday! Details can be found by clicking here.
- This Sunday, instead of coffee hour, we will have a Soup Lunch downstairs following the service, so please plan to attend to enjoy some great homemade soup and fellowship with your church family!
- Our Roast Beef Dinner is coming up – be sure to get your tickets and select your volunteer job of choice!
- We are still accepting donations for our Lenten Outreach Project – 360 Kids! This annual challenge ends on Easter Sunday and we encourage your participation – just mark your offering envelope “360”.
- If you wish to support our Easter Flower fund (for delivery of plants to our shut-ins), be sure to mark your offering envelope and let Sally know (by March 20th please) the details of your “in memory of” and/or “in honour of” dedication.
Here is a reminder for those on duty for Sunday. We thank all of you for your service to your church:
Worship Host: Peter Miasek
Greeters: Ardith Knechtel & Heather Keeling
Worship Visuals: Henry Wong
Lay Worship Leader: Doug Stirling
Gospel Reader: Marilyn Patterson
Communion Servers: Christopher Laird, Cynthia Yee and Alastair McCallum (one more required)
Sunday School Leader: Eilis Wu & Elena Park
Nursery Care: Fiona Scarrow
If you find you are not able to fulfil your duties, please arrange with another church member to fill your spot.
Finally, many long-time members of Central will remember the Deacon family. Gordon Deacon passed away this week and details regarding his funeral can be found by clicking here.
Click here to download this week’s news