FROM THE MINISTER’S DESK
I, for one, am so grateful for the Apostle Thomas’ refusal to believe the other disciples. What they were asking him to believe—that they had seen the risen Jesus very much alive—was, frankly, unbelievable! The resurrection of Jesus is a one-of-a-kind event, after all. Thomas has the moniker among Christians as ‘doubting.’ I wonder if it might be fairer to call him a ‘realist.’ Lots of us like to be shown before we will believe. The story of Thomas helps many believe who hesitate to trust too soon. Jesus meets Thomas at the point of his hesitation challenging him to not be unbelieving but believing. It is worth noting that, in response to Jesus, it is Thomas who makes the clearest statement of faith in all the gospels about who Jesus is; Thomas answered, “My Lord and My God.”
Central United Church has resumed it’s in-person Worship Services and we would love to have you join us in person Sunday morning.
Sunday’s service will also still be available to watch via livestreaming at 10:00 am and is recorded for later viewing, through the Church website. To watch live or view a recording later, go to the Church website, scroll down and click on Central United’s Live Stream Page or click here. A copy of the bulletin for this Sunday’s Service is attached here.
This Sunday’s Scripture readings are Acts 5:27-32, Revelation 1:4-8, and John 20:19-31. You can also find a daily scripture message at the top of our website.
MOTHER’S DAY FLOWER VASE
Do you have a special woman in your life that you would like to remember this Mother’s Day? Guests are invited to bring a fresh flower for inclusion in a communal bouquet on May 8th to honour all the loving mothers in our lives. Celebrating their strength, sacrifices, selflessness and love.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
WEEKLY PRAYER MEETING & TIME OF FELLOWSHIP
Please come and join the Thursday prayer meeting tonight at 7:00 pm. After the prayer time we have some time for fellowship to allow us to catch up with each other a little. The meeting is held using the Zoom technology. Please join 10 minutes before the 7:00 PM start time.
Here are the details for those that wish to participate:
Access to Join Zoom Meeting from your PC, Tablet or Smartphone
- Copy this address into your web browser https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8925458525 or click here
- If you are joining with the Zoom App the Meeting ID is: 892 545 8525 (Note that you can also download the Zoom Application and use the Meeting ID to join)
Quick access by phone:
- Call: 647 374-4685
- When prompted press: 892 545 8525 #
- Then when prompted again press: # to enter the call
Donations for the work of Central United Church can be made online.
- You can donate to Central United by clicking here:
- You can continue to specify how you want your donation to be allocated by either selecting the appropriate category on the website or by typing in your choice in the MESSAGE box.
- Donation receipts will be issued directly by Canada Helps, so there is no need to include your envelope number.
- If you have any questions, email [email protected].
In addition to the online donation option, your church offerings can also be mailed to the church.
Should you become aware of any illness, bereavement, hospitalization, etc., among people of our church, please notify the church office as soon as possible.
If you would like to book a pastoral visit, please contact Rev. Clubine at the church office 905.474.0183×228 or mobile office 416.358.4924 or by email [email protected]