FROM THE MINISTER’S DESK
Do you ever wonder who decides what the top news story of the day will be? And why is this so important that it ought to occupy our attention? What do you think would be God’s top news story for us today; what event should occupy our attention to help us navigate the day that is before us? As believers we need continual reminders of that story and this is why we read the Bible at Sunday worship week by week. This coming Sunday we are reading a portion of that great story where Jesus said, “Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures for eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you.” (John 6:27) The news story that seems so important for today is soon replaced by the story that will dominate tomorrow’s headlines. There is one story that endures. The story of God’s steadfast love for a lost world.
AUGUST 1ST WORSHIP SERVICE
This week’s service will be held at Bethesda Lutheran Church so there will be no worship service at Central United this Sunday. Bethesda Lutheran Church is located at 20 Union St. in Unionville, just around the corner from us. Worship service starts at 10:30 am. A recorded service will be available and posted on Bethesda’s Facebook page for those unable to attend in person.
We have now moved into Step 3 of the “RoadMap to Reopen”. In this new phase there are no percentage capacity limits, but physical distancing and masks are still required. To view the guidelines at Central United, please click here.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
WEEKLY PRAYER MEETING & TIME OF FELLOWSHIP
Please come and join the Thursday prayer meeting tonight at 7:00 pm. After the prayer time we have some time for fellowship to allow us to catch up with each other a little. The meeting is held using the Zoom technology. Please join 10 minutes before the 7:00 PM start time.
Here are the details for those that wish to participate:
Access to Join Zoom Meeting from your PC, Tablet or Smartphone
- Copy this address into your web browser https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8925458525 or click here
- If you are joining with the Zoom App the Meeting ID is: 892 545 8525 (Note that you can also download the Zoom Application and use the Meeting ID to join)
Quick access by phone:
- Call: 647 374-4685
- When prompted press: 892 545 8525 #
- Then when prompted again press: # to enter the call
Donations for the work of Central United Church can be made online.
- You can donate to Central United by clicking here:
- You can continue to specify how you want your donation to be allocated by either selecting the appropriate category on the website or by typing in your choice in the MESSAGE box.
- Donation receipts will be issued directly by Canada Helps, so there is no need to include your envelope number.
- If you have any questions, email [email protected].
In addition to the online donation option, your church offerings can also be mailed to the church.
Should you become aware of any illness, bereavement, hospitalization, etc., among people of our church, please notify the church office as soon as possible.
During this time of limitations on in-person visits, Rev. Dr. James Clubine is available for a telephone or video conference pastoral ‘visit’ and prayer. If you would like to book a visit, please contact Rev. Clubine at the church office 905.474.0183×228 or mobile office 416.358.4924 or by email [email protected]