Here are your weekly announcements – happy reading! We draw your attention to a couple of highlights:
- This Sunday marks the beginning of Holy Week. There are many opportunities for worship: Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday (with a special musical presentation), Good Friday and Easter Sunday! Details can be found by clicking here.
- This Sunday, instead of coffee hour, we will have a Soup Lunch downstairs following the service, so please plan to attend to enjoy some great homemade soup and fellowship with your church family!
- Our Roast Beef Dinner is coming up – be sure to get your tickets and select your volunteer job of choice!
- We are still accepting donations for our Lenten Outreach Project – 360 Kids! This annual challenge ends on Easter Sunday and we encourage your participation – just mark your offering envelope “360”.
- If you wish to support our Easter Flower fund (for delivery of plants to our shut-ins), be sure to mark your offering envelope and let Sally know (by March 20th please) the details of your “in memory of” and/or “in honour of” dedication.
Here is a reminder for those on duty for Sunday. We thank all of you for your service to your church:
Worship Host: Peter Miasek
Greeters: Ardith Knechtel & Heather Keeling
Worship Visuals: Henry Wong
Lay Worship Leader: Doug Stirling
Gospel Reader: Marilyn Patterson
Communion Servers: Christopher Laird, Cynthia Yee and Alastair McCallum (one more required)
Sunday School Leader: Eilis Wu & Elena Park
Nursery Care: Fiona Scarrow
If you find you are not able to fulfil your duties, please arrange with another church member to fill your spot.
Finally, many long-time members of Central will remember the Deacon family. Gordon Deacon passed away this week and details regarding his funeral can be found by clicking here.